WHAT WE DO
We Are Africa is far more than a trade event. Each year brings a carefully curated selection of high-end travel brands, world-class buyers and top international press, united by their passion for Africa. Together, our tribe is challenging outdated, negative and monotone perceptions of the continent through travel.
In demonstrating the uniqueness of each African country, we stand united in diversity. Because we are Not One Story. We Are Africa.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re on the hunt for African specialist buyers from emerging and established markets who stand apart from the crowd, thanks to their determination to tell the many unexpected and unique stories of Africa in a way that resonates with today’s high-end traveller. If you think you fit the bill, we want to hear from you!
HOW IT WORKS
|Mid April – late April 2017||We Are Africa Pre Tour programme & Conservation Lab|
|1 May 2017||Arrivals & UnConference||Opening Party|
|2 May 2017||Up to 50 pre-scheduled appointments over 3 days
Daily networking lunches
12 dedicated networking breaks over the course of three days
|Awards Ceremony & Party|
|3 May 2017||Free Evening|
|4 May 2017||Closing Party|
|5 May 2017||Departures|
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Buyers are hosted in one of our partner hotels for the duration of the show
- You’ll have the option to take part in the We Are Africa Pre & Post Tour programme
- Plus you will be offered a £400 flight credit towards your return flights to Cape Town*
- In 2017 we are evolving our opening conference session into a full day UnConference. This radical new format is designed to enable participants to fully immerse themselves in fresh thinking and generate new insight in a relaxed and inspired setting. This format is already proving highly enjoyable and effective at other market leading Beyond Luxury Media Ltd events such as LE Miami and the Conservation Lab.
- Throughout the week you’ll be surrounded by the thought-leaders of the industry – what could be more inspiring than that?
- Our pre-matched appointment system gives you up to 50 x 20 minute meetings with some of the world’s most esteemed buyers for African travel over the course of three days
- We Are Africa suppliers are hand-picked on the basis of their cutting edge contribution to the African travel landscape and their impressive high-end credentials, which put them heads and shoulders above the rest
- We Are Africa suppliers are represented by senior decision makers – exactly the sort of people you want to form relationships with
- Plus, you’ll have the option to register an additional delegate from your company at a cost of £999 – that means double the networking power!
- Dedicated networking breaks and delicious on-site networking lunches throughout the day mean even more opportunities to connect
- Three evening events give you the opportunity to cement relationships with new connections and catch up with old friends
- The We Are Africa Innovation Awards celebrates those who are packing a punch for African travel in the global consciousness – it could be you!
- We Are Africa may be young, but it’s a movement that’s making serious waves in the African travel scene – joining the tribe instantly distinguishes you as an industry leader
- You’ll also receive your We Are Africa tribe member badge, which you can display on your website and marketing materials to let the industry know you’re an African travel trailblazer
ALL COMPANIES WILL RECEIVE:
Up to 50 pre-scheduled appointments
Access to FUSE, We Are Africa’s un-conference
Access to all official networking events
3 networking on-site lunches
Entry to the Innovation Awards ceremony
Over 280 leading African suppliers and up to 20 international press will attend We Are Africa 2017. Boost your networking power by bringing more of your senior team to represent your company. To register an additional delegate get in touch with email@example.com
“Felt like coming home to be in the company of people who care about traveler experiences, support disruptive thinking,and always want to perform so that guests have a high level of service and satisfaction.”
“Fantastic energy to add growth to our Africa product with opportunities to further develop existing relationships as well as finding new partners.”
“It was time well invested with a high return on ivestment. The story does not end here.”
“I loved it. I have been to a number of travel shows and We Are Africa stands out head and shoulders above others.”
“This was my first WAA, I have attended many trade shows however I can safely say that this was by far the best. The quality of the exhibitors as well as the buyers was excellent, everything was well organised and I have come away having learnt so much and made some amazing contacts and friends.”
The all-new Conservation Lab is a progressive two-day un-conference from the creators of We Are Africa. This not-for-profit, invitation-only event brings together up to 150 key influencers from travel, business, technology and the conservation world under optimal conditions for unconventional thinking and collaborative innovation. Because if we come together as a team, we can fight our way back.
29 APRIL – 1 MAY 2017
TALK TO US
HOST CITY PARTNER