WHAT WE DO
We Are Africa is far more than a trade event. Each year brings a carefully curated selection of high-end travel brands, world-class buyers and top international press, united by their passion for Africa. Together, our tribe is challenging outdated, negative and monotone perceptions of the continent through travel.
In demonstrating the uniqueness of each African country, we stand united in diversity. Because we are Not One Story. We Are Africa.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re on the hunt for the travel editors of top international and African publications, who have an express interest in covering the many unexpected and unique stories of Africa in a way that resonates with today’s high-end traveller.
Places are limited; if you are interested in gaining press accreditation, please contact email@example.com.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Press members are hosted in one of our 5* partner hotels for the duration of the show
- You’ll have the option to take part in the We Are Africa Pre & Post Tour programme
- In 2017 we are evolving our opening conference session into a full day UnConference. This radical new format is designed to enable participants to fully immerse themselves in fresh thinking and generate new insight in a relaxed and inspired setting. This format is already proving highly enjoyable and effective at other market leading Beyond Luxury Media Ltd events such as LE Miami and the Conservation Lab.
- Throughout the week you’ll be surrounded by the thought-leaders of the industry – what could be more inspiring than that?
- Our pre-matched appointment system gives you up to 50 x 20 minute meetings with some of the world’s most esteemed buyers f African travel over the course of three days
- We Are Africa suppliers are hand-picked on the basis of their cutting edge contribution to the African travel landscape and their impressive high-end credentials, which put them head and shoulders above the rest.
- We Are Africa suppliers are represented by senior decision makers – exactly the sort of people you want to form relationships with
- We Are Africa may be young, but it’s a movement that’s making serious waves in the African travel scene – joining the tribe instantly puts you in touch with the industry’s leaders
- Previous editions have welcomed editors from the likes of Vanity Fair, Travel+Leisure, Elle, Marie Claire, Afar, The Telegraph, FT’s How To Spend It and Condé Nast Traveler US, UK & China – so you know you’ll be among the right crowd
- Dedicated networking breaks and delicious on-site networking lunches throughout the day mean even more opportunities to connect
- Three evening events give you the opportunity to cement relationships with new connections and catch up with old friends
- The We Are Africa Innovation Awards celebrates those who are packing a punch for African travel in the global consciousness
- Plus we organise incredible activities exclusively for press members throughout the week, including a dedicated press lunch
“We Are Africa continues to lead the charge in terms of facilitating exciting and meaningful interaction between supplier and client. The format of the show just works and We Are Africa will remain a key component of our sales strategy.”
“It was my first year as a Tribe member and was thoroughly impressed with the whole affair. The organisation was exceptional and the value of my meetings and the potential new business that I was introduced to was very encouraging.”
“We Are Africa continues to be the most professionally organised and productive Travel Show for African Tourism Operators. The quality and exceptional level of the invited and hosted buyers is outstanding. In addition, the spirit and unity the overall event creates, not only between differing operators, but also between differing African destinations continues to prove impressive. It really is the bringing together of all people completely committed to and passionate about Travel to Africa. Well done to you all in the “Dream Team” at We Are Africa. We Salute you!”
“An exhilarating meeting of minds that reminds us daily of the ‘why’ we do business in Africa.”
“Just like in 2014 and 2015 it was great to meet so many interested buyers, many of them familiar faces, but also quite a few new contacts. Great venue, well organised, flawless appointment system with 0% no shows.”
TALK TO US
HOST CITY PARTNER