WE ARE AFRICA AWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The We Are Africa 2020 Innovation Awards are judged by Africa’s leading high-end visionary travel tribe. Composed of African travel industry leaders and rising stars (buyers, exhibitors and press), the We Are Africa Innovation Awards will celebrate the foremost innovation organization, individuals and projects shaping the future of African travel.
- There is no cost for entering the We Are Africa Awards 2020.
- All entries must be from registered delegates of We Are Africa’s 2020 tribe.
- All entries must be for campaigns, collaborations, events, hotel openings, renovations or any other relevant experience that has taken place from/been introduced since December 2018 and no later than 28 February 2020.
- Each brand may enter a maximum of three categories.
- Entries MUST adhere to the word count limit specified in the application form, with three relevant, high quality images in as large a file size as possible, in JPEG, EPS or PDF format and at a minimum of 300dpi. All images need to be named the same as the project name listed on your submission form.
- All brands will be judged SOLELY on the quality of their application: no copy and paste or bland branding! We expect the standard of entries to be very competitive, so please think about the categories that you are applying for and how you can stand out.
- Showcase Africa category: please note that photographs will be considered as long as they are taken by an employee, who works at a company that is part of the We Are Africa 2020 tribe. For example: if a photograph is taken by a guide, it will qualify for submission into this category but if a photograph is taken by a guest, it will not qualify to be submitted into the category. We also strongly discourage any professional photographs to be submitted. Our preference is authentic images that captures how you see Africa.
- All entries must be submitted via the official application form by midnight (GMT) on 28 February 2020. If you experience any difficulty with the form, please contact email@example.com
- In the event that an entry is inaccurate or incomplete, does not comply with these conditions for entry or is deemed, at the sole discretion of We Are Africa, ineligible for any other reason, then the relevant entry will be disqualified.
JUDGING AND SHORTLIST:
- We Are Africa shall consider each entry on its merits and on the basis solely of the information provided in the relevant entry and at its discretion. All entries shall be considered in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- We Are Africa will shortlist the entries to go through to a final judging phase. The winners will be decided by We Are Africa’s 2020 registered tribe members (Buyers, Exhibitors and Press).
- You will be informed whether your entry has been shortlisted in April 2020 via email. The email will be sent to the address provided on your submission form.
- Shortlisted entries will be required to supply images and other information to We Are Africa to be used for display in We Are Africa’s marketing materials leading up to the Awards and during the week of the event. Entrants authorise We Are Africa to publicly display all and any such images and information provided for this purpose.
- The winners will be announced at the Innovation Awards ceremony on 19 May 2020, at Artscape Theatre Centre. Further information can be found in your Guide to the show.
- We Are Africa’s decisions relating to shortlisting and granting of Awards in the course of judging is final and We Are Africa will not enter into any correspondence or discussion with any entrants on any subject nor will We Are Africa accept any submissions, representations or appeals with regard to such decisions.
- We Are Africa reserves the right to:
- Disqualify entries that do not comply with these Terms & Conditions or for any other reason
- Not make any particular Award in any given category
- Move an entry to another category without notice, if We Are Africa feels it would be better suited to the relevant category
- Disqualify any entry that is a product of two or more companies that does not have the agreement of all parties